Sunday, March 15, 2009

what good did college do?


i went to stephens college in missouri...all girls!!.... and got an aa....then to manchester college in indiana and didnt graduate..got jon.....ive never had a job that required anything....actually never had a job since the 70s...thankfully...........but what it did was like a good education should...it showed me i dont know everything and not to be too sure of things and to look at the other sides of things.......it pushed my desire to explore, to learn etc etc.... and slightly opened the doors and slightly showed the paths out there....i will always remember a humanities class at stephens...the prof said look out the window ...at the building across the way...and he said after this section on architecture, that building will look so much different..... he was so right...anyway this is my plug for learning...and i think i got into the right business for a curious mind..the antique world..

.. my favorite role models at 20 were ayn rand and martin luther king and at 12 sheena queen of the jungle and nancy drew....
my education was in secondary ed...i did my student teaching and i could see right away i wouldnt want to be in any tight organization...like a school system... .. i did like the kids a lot....also i had no domestic skills....so my challenge was to do my own thing, somehow....

No comments: