Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ADVICE LEACH....

im a sponge for business advice....i want to hear it all.....

heres THE BEST ADVICE I
HEARD LAST YEAR....

now this is kind of duh! but it made some things so clear to me...and helped me move on....into a little better path......the good idea was to put your money and time and inventory into whats on the customers mind at the time...so
thats why ...



***right now my money is pouring into spring and summer stuff....my customers are getting outside and fluffing up their porches, gardens and patios.... they own homes , thats what kind of thing they are interested in right now...
***thats why i wouldnt waste time on a christmas in july project ,why would i advertize christmas stuff in july when i have summer stuff to advertize and sell...it would be like advertizing sweaters instead of halter tops if i were doing clothes.......


**and this was a biggie for me....thats why im not advertizing so much in the slow months and quite a bit more in the good months or at the start of the good months...in the past i would use too much ad money in jan and feb.... this idea made me see that it will be much better to buy ads now, at the start of my big warm weather season....or at the start of my big fall season.
**2 of our annual events hit this idea perfectly...our garden party and our christmas open house...these bring in hundreds of customers.....


sorry to say, i dont remember who threw that little ditty out but i thnk its made me lots of sales..so thank you whoever you are...
basically of course i would like to get rid of some more of my winter merchandise but i better be focussing on my summer stuff and do a good job at that....

No comments: