Thursday, December 2, 2010

FACEBOOK


we area really getting our facebook going right now.....
i think 3 things are working well for us ...things that i cant take credit for...... 1, demographics,our fANS are mostly women who like our store in real life are already heavy into facebook.im trying to join them as much as they are joining me...... 2, being local, which means im working with mostly people connected with me in some way already...3.and i have the kind of thing they are already happily buying..
also they like style and seeing pictures....and green oak is about the nice side of life....not hard stuff like work or the dentist....
.. facebook is probably a real natural for our store...i wouldnt think it would work that well for every business.... especially one with mainly men...or online marketers....they would be in a lot bigger group than me... there must be hundreds of online marketers out there....

guys over 50, maybe 40 mainly think facebook is for seeing what your friends had for breakfast.....in my HUMBLE opinion...
BUT FOR US ITS BEEN A GOOD THING...

1 comment:

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Hi Ann:
In my day job, I work for a community action agency with a business development department. We have been offering quite a number of workshops on "Social Marketing". I still drag my heals -- finally got into blogging this summer -- not yet into Facebook (but know I need to go there). One thing I did with my blog was to add a password for a discount for my two 2010 Barn Sales on my blog -- imbedded so to speak. We then tracked the number of people that used it. So, for my first sale, folks that had arrived to my sale via my blog knew to say "gathering acorns" at check out for a 10% discount...in November they said "prancing hooves" -- not only was it fun, but it provided a means to know how effective my blog was as a marketing tool.
Kari