Wednesday, October 7, 2009


well i got this from my antiquing buddies on http://www.rhubarb-reign.blogspot.com/.... its a game or award and im supposed to write 10 things you might not know.... so thanks guys and here are my 10...
  1. im a war orphan...ww2,my dad was killed by a kami kazi
  2. ......i went to arkansas by car with a black family when they couldnt even get served a roootbeer at a drivein...or stay in a motel....it was whites only.... 1950s i was little...they were helping to raise me and my sisters...
  3. i was once a republican....for barry goldwater..
  4. i never worked as a kid.... didnt have a job until about 27....except for about 3 weeks in college. dh an i have never worked for anyone in 35 yrs...
  5. i cant fly
  6. many local people, think i get a million $$$$ a year...... so not true...they cant seem to imagine that the reason i have money to spend because i sell a lot...duh...this nasty mean rumor has given me very tough skin...my family could have done something like that but they didnt....DANG...
  7. no good at vacations
  8. i love the dirty parts...gardening, digging thru stuff at auctions, painting ....very messy...
  9. sorting is tops with me...and puttering...
  10. i never grocery shop or do laundry...

2 comments:

Relics said...

I love your list... I like getting messy to. I find my fingernails more dirty than clean...

:)
deb

ps- while I was on vacation recently I seen barbed wire wreaths- that someone had made into barbed wire peace sign wreaths! So clever...

Shannan Martin said...

Green Oak! I had no idea that you blogged! Just found you via Rhubarb Reign and so glad I did. I am a long, long, longtime fan. I have several of your lovely pieces in my home. It's been far too long since I've been down your way! Must change that asap. :)